Thursday, March 25, 2010

Blog #11 Prep for Your Scripted Scene / Developing Director-DP Relationship

Preparation is the key any successful shooting. I have decided to remake a scene from the Notorious gangster movie "Good Fellas" I have talked to my DP Jon Barge and decided to make the visual have a dark at night kind of feel. I am not a master at lighting a scene so I do understand that it will take some practice before it is time to shoot my scene. I have decided to checkout an advanced light kit. I will be using the Sony DVR and 2 actors a Male and female.

Story Board:
GoodFellas: Scene where Henry comes home from jail hoping to sell the dope that he had stashed in the house, but Lauran flushed the dope when the cops came with the search warrant. That was the only money that Henry had and he was depending on it for survival.

ShotList:
• Medium Shot of Henry searching the room.
• Gun Slinger shot (master) “Full convo and break down” of Henry asking Karen where the dope is
• Cross 2 of Henry’s facial reaction when Karen answsers
• Cross 2 of Karens reaction when Henry finds out
• Medium Shot of Karen breaking down
• Medium Shot of the 2 breaking down on the floor.
• Medium shot of the sleep in the Bed

Equipment:
• Sony HD camera
• Fish Pool
• Shotgun Mic
• Spot Light
• LCD Monitor
• Wind Cover
• Key light
• Light Gels


Script/Visual Eample:
Refer Back to the Youtube.
Search “GoodFellas part 12” Time 6:05

No comments: